Change of Major Preparation:
Please review the D’Amore-McKim concentrations (7), course requirements, and course descriptions in the Course Catalog.
We recommend setting up a meeting with Career Services to effectively explore your academic and professional goals and skills prior to applying to change your major.
Make sure you consider the time and expense it will take to complete a Business Administration degree:
- On the Self-Service tab of your myNEU portal, run a Degree Audit using the “Explore Options” feature to determine the remaining requirements you would need to complete.
Students must be in good academic standing with the University which means full-time student status and a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. In addition, students who have completed business courses must have a minimum 2.0 business GPA.
Students interested in changing their major to the BSBA Program in the D'Amore-McKim School of Business must make an appointment with Maura McClafferty via the "Advisor Calendar"in the myNEU portal. A meeting is required to receive the formal program application.
There are two prerequisite courses that need to be completed before a student can go out on their first co-op. Students are reviewed by the change of major advisor for proper placement into the required courses.
Students seeking admission to the BSIB program should complete the BSIB application. Please note that all BSIB transfer students are admitted transitionally.
Students must meet the following criteria to be transitionally admitted to the BSIB program:
- overall & business GPA of 3.0 or higher
- completion of the appropriate language placement exam administered by the World Language Center. Students must be able to continue into the level of language course required for their semester. Information about the language placement exams is found on the application form.
- students with more than 32 semester hours of credit must test into at least the intermediate level of the language or their track
- completion of MATH1231 or equivalent with a grade of “C” or better
- students above first semester sophomore will not be considered for transfer.
Once the BSIB transfer application and supporting materials have been submitted, students will be contacted for an interview with either the director or assistant director of the program.
Students who complete the transitional semester and maintain a minimum 3.000 GPA overall and in their business courses will be admitted to the BSIB program.
Please note that students in the BSIB must maintain a minimum 3.000 GPA overall and in their business and language courses throughout the program. Additionally, all students in the D'Amore-McKim School of Business, including transfer students, are expected to complete at least two co-op experiences. Co-op is an integral part of our programs and adds to students’ academic experiences.