The D'Amore-McKim Senior Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. at Matthews Arena, St. Botolph Street, Boston, MA.
This event is an opportunity for guests to be present while graduating Seniors of the D'Amore-McKim School of Business Undergraduate Program are recognized for this momentous achievement. Winners of the Best Teacher Award will be honored and student awards will be presented.
Please note: This event is in addition to University Commencement, held on Friday, May 4, 2018. Degrees will not be conferred at this event.
Important Details for Graduating Seniors:
Each student will receive three guest tickets and one student ticket in the form of a wristband. Once the student has registered for the D'Amore-McKim ceremony they will have the option to request more guest tickets on their registration form on a first come first serve basis. For questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Mandatory report time for all registered students is 8:00 a.m. in the student check-in area, which is located in the tents outside of Matthews Arena.
No guests will be permitted in the student check-in area.
Formal Commencement regalia is requested for students and formal business attire is expected for all attending this event.
Important Details for Guests:
Doors will open at 8:30 am at the lobby entrance of Matthews Arena.
Students will be responsible for providing tickets for guest(s). Further instructions regarding receiving those tickets will follow via email. The number of tickets allotted per student is three guest tickets. After the registration period has closed, the waitlist will then be reviewed and fulfilled based upon the registration date of the student. Only ticketed guests will be permitted entry into the facility.
Individuals with mobility issues may use the elevator located inside the main entrance. Guests who use wheelchairs and their party will be directed to a designated area by facility personnel. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. Wheelchairs are not available at the venue.
Parking and Transportation:
All guests are instructed to park in the Columbus Garage or the West Village Garage for overflow.Temporary parking passes are required for anyone parking in the above mentioned garages, and the pass will be e-mailed to each student a few days before the event.
Please remember that parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis and spaces are not able to be saved. Note, the University will be open and operating at normal capacity therefore parking will be limited. We recommend that attendees utilize the MBTA for public transportation as parking will be limited. More information can be found at http://www.mbta.com/.
For guests requiring handicap parking: Handicap parking is available behind Hurtig Hall. These spots can be accessed by entering the campus access road from Forsyth Street. For any questions regarding handicap parking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matthews Arena Policy: Please communicate the following information to all attendees:
NO RE-ENTRY ALLOWED
The following items are prohibited in Matthews Arena, no exceptions:
- Backpacks, bags larger than 12" x 12" x 12" or briefcases (All bags are subject to search)
- Artificial noisemakers
- Laser pointers or similar items
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs or illegal substances
- Outside food/beverages (concession stand will be open)
- Wrapped gifts
- Selfie sticks
Additional Policies- no exceptions:
- Venue and/or event personnel reserve the right to remove any object from persons if deemed inappropriate or unsafe.
- The only animals allowed into the ceremony are those serving as guide, signal or service animals to aid guests or graduates with disabilities. Guests escorted by service animals may not take up additional seats.
- All guests are subject to search, at the discretion of the venue security personnel, of their person and/or possessions (including women’s handbags of normal size that may be allowed entry after such search.)
- No storage/check area is available for prohibited items.
- Confiscated items will be discarded.
- Enforcement will be without exceptions.
Students and guests are invited to attend the University Commencement Fest 2018.
Please call the main office line of the Undergraduate Programs Office 617-373-3270 or email email@example.com.