Internal Transfer to the BSBA Program
Students seeking admission to the BSBA program should complete the Spring 2015 BSBA Internal Transfer Application. Additionally, BSBA applicants are welcome to schedule a meeting with a transfer student advisor. Appointment calendars can be accessed through the Self-Service tab of their MyNEU portal.
Students who have an overall GPA of 2.8 or higher and a C or better in any business requirements taken before entering the D'Amore-McKim School of Business (including Economics, English and Calculus) will be directly admitted into the BSBA program.
Students who do not have a GPA of 2.8, but who have at least a 2.0 GPA, will be admitted for a transitional semester. Transitional admission occurs only for the fall and spring semesters. Students will work with the transfer advisor to choose four courses (4 credits each) to be taken during the transitional semester. Students must earn a current-term GPA of 3.0 (for the provisional semester only) with no grade below a “C” in any of the business courses. Business courses may not be taken on a pass/fail basis. In addition, students who are transitionally admitted are required to meet with a Career Counselor in Career Services to explore their interests, skills, and career options. Click here to learn more about transitional admission.
Students in the General Studies and Ujima Scholars programs may click their respective program for internal transfer information.
Transfer to the BSIB Program
Students seeking admission to the BSIB program should complete the BSIB Internal Transfer Application. Please note that all BSIB transfer students are admitted transitionally.
Students must meet the following criteria to be provisionally admitted to the BSIB program:
- overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- completion of the appropriate language placement exam administered by the World Language Center. Students must be able to continue into the level of language course required for their semester. Information about the language placement exams is found on the application form
- students with more than 32 semester hours of credit must test into at least the intermediate level of the language or their track
- completion of MATH1231 or equivalent with a grade of “C” or better
- have earned a 'C' or better in any other business requirements already completed, including Economics and English
- students above first semester sophomore will not be considered for transfer.
Once the BSIB transfer application and supporting materials have been submitted, students will be contacted for an interview with either the director or assistant director of the program.
Students who complete the provisional semester and maintain a minimum 3.000 GPA overall and in their business courses will be admitted to the BSIB program.
Please note that students in the BSIB must maintain a minimum 3.000 GPA overall and in their business and language courses throughout the program. Additionally, all students in the D'Amore-McKim School of Business, including transfer students, are expected to complete at least two co-op experiences. Co-op is an integral part of our programs and adds to students’ academic experiences.