Pharmaceutical companies, technology firms, and a variety of other clients have used variations of our Innovation for Growth program to make their business practices more entrepreneurial and to instill a culture of innovation and creativity across their companies. Innovation for Growth focuses on using innovation to enhance productivity and revenue growth and applying innovation tools and methods to current or potential company initiatives.
- Seeing elements of your strategy in a new light
- Consumer segmentation /Gathering consumer insights
- Idea generation and concept testing
- Competitive assessment and positioning
- How to establish and sustain innovation in the organization
- Leveraging the core capabilities of the firm for new product or service design
- Creating strategies and structures that enable business process innovation and improvement
- Establishing the organizational processes and cultural adaptations necessary to drive innovation
- Embedding an entrepreneurial mindset across your enterprise
- Building a sustainable innovation platform to quickly mobilize ideas into implemented solutions
Possible Delivery Methods
Modules and methods range from executive briefings to multi-day, cross-functional, immersive “boot camps” that produce new processes, products or services. Virtual delivery options are available as well. An increasingly-popular option is to create a customized Innovation for Growth graduate certificate by bundling existing D’Amore-McKim MBA courses and tailoring some of their content to your firm’s specific context. An appropriate Certificate bundle might consist of the following courses:
- Innovation for Next-Generation Products and Services
- Financial Reporting and Decision Making for Firms in Innovation Intensive Industries
- Lean Innovation
- Gaining Customer Insight
Case Study: Creating Sustainable Processes for Innovation
The US research division of a global Top 15 pharmaceutical firm
Create a sustainable business process innovation platform to drive innovation and exploit external growth opportunities.
Equip employees with a common mindset, skill set, and tool set via an action-oriented, project-based, two-day Innovation Boot camp. Design principles for the innovation platform emphasized taking a total systems perspective and inclusion of organizational / governance mechanisms.
Two proposals for process innovations passed Executive Review and were successfully led and implemented by their Boot camp teams.