Students complete in-depth study of international business, take courses in principal fields of business, and choose one or more concentrations. Students may study a language and/or choose to complete one of the internationally focused minors. Their choice of destination determines the country where they will spend their expatriate year, studying business courses and completing a co-op.
Flexible Degree Options
- Choice of 4 or 5 year program
- Dynamic curriculum
- Choose timing of the expatriate year (either year 3 or 4)
- Option of 2 or 3 co-op experiences (one overseas co-op is required)
- Possibility of a dual degree
- PlusOne options: BSIB/MS Accounting, BSIB/MS Finance, BSIB/MS International Management
Students studying at the partner schools in Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Mexico, Spain or the United Kingdom have the option to complete a dual degree.
- First three years of study at Northeastern
- Complete a domestic co-op placement
- Remaining two years overseas at a partner institution
- Complete course work and an international co-op placement
- Graduates receive the BSIB degree from Northeastern and the equivalent undergraduate degree from the partner school
The dual degree option is an intensive program requiring a strong commitment. In return, it produces some of the best-prepared international business graduates in the country.
With a two year immersion:
- depth of language and culture immersion increases
- language proficiency excels
- further expertise in navigating the local culture develops
- graduates enter the workforce as true global citizens
- the ability to move smoothly from one context to another is solidified