Your Global Path Our distinctive BS in International Business program combines academic experience with cultural exposure through the physical exchange of students. Satisfy the requirements of our rigorous business curriculum—specifically structured to address global issues—alongside study in languages, history, economics, and politics. Meet a mix of nationalities in the classroom here in Boston and overseas.
The detailed curriculum below is accurate for the 2016-2017 Academic Year. Please refer to the BSIB program information in the Registrar's Undergraduate Catalog for the curriculum of past academic years. Course numbers and titles are subject to change.
Northeastern University Core Requirements
- Can be fulfilled with courses outside of the major
- Many overlap with BSIB degree requirements
- View specific courses and more details on the NU Core website
General Course Requirements for Business
- ACCT 1202 Financial Accounting in a Global Context
- ECON 1116 Principles of Microeconomics
- ENGW 1111 or 1102 First-Year Writing
- ENGW 3304 or 3315 Advanced Writing in the Disciplines
- ENTR 2301 Innovation!
- FINA 2202 Financial Management in a Global Context
- MATH 1231 Calculus for Business and Economics
- MGSC 2301 Business Statistics
- MKTG 2202 Introduction to Marketing in a Global Context
- ORGB 3201 Organizational Behavior
- BUSN 1102 Personal Skill Development for Business (1 credit)
International Business Course Requirements
- INTB 1202 Becoming a Global Manager
- INTB 2202 Analyzing the Global Business Environment
- INTB 3202 Managing the International Assignment
- INTB 4202 Executing Global Strategy
Business Concentration Requirements
- Choose at least one concentration within business
- Each concentration requires four courses
- 13 Open Electives - may be used to study a language or complete an internationally focused minor and can be applied to additional concentrations or minors
- BUSN 1100 Planning for Business Co-op and Career (1 credit)
- BUSN 1103 Professional Development for Co-op (1 credit)
- Completion of 2 six-month co-op experiences
Northeastern's focus of experiential learning is augmented by the Integrated Student Learning Experience (ISLE). This program allows students to map their experiences in and outside of the classroom to a set of competencies, skills and abilities.