|MS in Finance
Those with a background in a quantitative field eager to enhance their expertise in financial management and analysis. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
||Full-time, part-time, and 100% online
- The MS in Finance is an opportunity to study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked top 40 U.S. research university.
- For those interested in full-time study, our program is an intensive, 12-month cohort-based experience with an emphasis on quantitative methods and finance theory. This curriculum is F-1 compliant.
- For working professionals, our part-time and 100% online curricula offer flexibility and convenience.
- Specializations are available in Corporate Finance and Investments.
- Opportunity to participate in the 360 Huntington Fund—D’Amore-McKim School of Business’ student-managed mutual fund.
- International students who successfully complete a one-year, full-time graduate degree program on campus may be eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. OPT authorization allows for 12 months of work eligibility in the U.S.
||60 full-time students
2 part-time students
97 online students (returning 62, new starts 35)
GMAT waivers are available for qualified part-time students.
No GMAT required for online students.
||Full-time and part-time - 3.35
Online - 3.0
||47% Female, 57% Male
20% of online students are female
||83% international for full-time students.
100% domestic for part-time and online students.
|Average Work Experience
||Full-time students typically have 1 year of work experience, or less.
Part-time and online students typically have 5 or more years of work experience.
|Top 4 Undergrad Majors Represented
||Finance, Accounting, Economics, and Business
||Boston campus students will begin in September.
Students enrolled in the online program may begin in any of six enrollment terms throughout the year.
||Boston, MA and 100% online
||For full-time students, classes are held in the daytime, Monday–Friday.
For part-time students, classes are held in the evenings Monday–Thursday.
For online students, courses may be taken anytime.
||Full-time students will complete 10 core courses.
Part-time and online students will complete six core courses and four elective courses.
||30 semester credits.
|Time to Complete
||1 year when studying full-time.
21 months when studying part-time. Note: Accelerated 10-, 12-, and 15-month tracks are available.
16 months when studying online.
||Degrees are conferred three times per year in December, May, and August after students complete their required coursework. The graduation ceremony is held annually in August for all graduates from that calendar year.
|Tuition Costs and Fees
||Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration."
|Where do I apply?
||Apply for a Boston, MA campus program using this application.
Apply for an online program using this application.
||GMAT is required for full-time students.
GMAT waivers available for qualified part-time and online candidates.
||By invitation for Boston campus students.
Not required for online students.