This program is designed for professionals with college degrees or current graduate students interested in corporate venturing or developing a freestanding start-up. In this program, you will:
- Work on projects in multidisciplinary teams to solve problems in integrating technological issues with business needs.
- Gain the ability to see both the technological issues and business issues from an integrative perspective.
- Learn how to be successful in creating a business.
Must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 grade-point average, preferably in a science, computing, engineering, health science, business or social science major. Students seeking admission who are already enrolled in another Northeastern graduate program will be judged on their performance in that program.
Students with undergraduate majors in science, computing, engineering, health fields, business and the social sciences are ideal candidates for this program. A key factor in admissions will be the student's ability to work and study in a technology-driven environment, irrespective of their prior coursework.
When evaluating the applicants, the admissions committee will consider the candidate's technical or business background and their interest in entrepreneurship. Applicants without a major in science, computing, engineering or a health field are expected to have a strong base in technology.
The Graduate Certificate in Technological Entrepreneurship consists of four required 3-credit courses and one required additional elective. Students can also take additional electives. The certificate can be completed in one calendar year and must be completed within a three year period. To earn the certificate, a student must attain a final cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00.
- Disruptive and Emerging Technologies (Fall)
- Entrepreneurial Marketing and Selling (Fall)
- Lean Design and Development (Spring)
- Business Planning for New Ventures (Fall or Spring)
- Family Business: The Next Generation (Fall)
- Business Model Design and Development (Spring)
- Innovation and Enterprise Growth (Fall or Spring)
- Managing Operations in the Early Stage Venture (Summer 1)
- Financing Early Stage Ventures (Summer 1)
- The Technical Entrepreneur as Leader and Innovator (Summer 1)
Every applicant must hold at least a bachelor's degree. We encourage you to begin your application online as soon as possible or if you choose to submit your application through the mail, please include the following items:
- Signed, completed application form
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check payable to Northeastern University)
- One letter of professional recommendation mailed directly from the writer
- Up-to-date resume
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, mailed directly from the institution
For more information, contact Hillary Dostal at firstname.lastname@example.org