Upon completion of your certificate, you have achieved a professional credential that you may use to boost your career immediately. And it’s time to apply to an eligible MBA program. There are two options available to you: the Part-Time MBA and the Part-Time MS in Finance/MBA.
Successful completion of your graduate certificate will demonstrate your ability to master the quantitative coursework and will waive your GMAT/GRE requirement for admission.
Successful completion is defined as achieving a grade of "B" or better in each class and a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.3. If you did not achieve this in your studies, you may still apply to your program of interest but you will need to submit your GMAT or GRE test score as a part of your application.
Your certificate credits may be applied to the following MBA programs:
- Our 60-credit Part-Time MBA (45-credits remaining if you apply in 15 credits from your certificate) provides you thorough business foundation with opportunities to specialize in Corporate Finance, Corporate Renewal, Entrepreneurship, Healthcare Management, International Business, Investments, Marketing, Mutual Fund Management, Supply Chain Management, or Technological Entrepreneurship.
- Our 72-credit Part-Time MS in Finance/MBA (57-credits remaining if you apply in 15 credits from your certificate) helps you develop your managerial potential and refine your financial acumen with opportunities to specialize in Corporate Finance or Investments.
- Apply for the program of your choice (Part-Time MBA or Part-Time MS in Finance/MBA) while taking the finance course FINA 6200, the last class in your certificate program. Once admitted, you may begin at the next consecutive intake.
- Begin a new online application for your chosen program (cannot use the same Graduate Certificate application).
- Link to Part-Time MBA and Part-Time MBA/MFS application
- Gather additional application materials, for example, one additional letter of recommendation would be required for all programs.
- Next contact your advisor at email@example.com and ask them to forward all of your Certificate application materials to an MBA enrollment coach. Your MBA enrollment coach will then provide further instructions.
- Students who move onto an MBA program will be required to attend an orientation for that program.
Item of note:
- If you achieve a grade of "B" or better in each class and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3, you can apply to our Part-Time MBA or master's degree program without having to submit GMAT or GRE. If you do not meet this benchmark, you can still apply for the Part-Time MBA but will be required to submit a GMAT or GRE score.