|Fast Facts About Our Graduate Certificate in International Business
||The Graduate Certificate in International Business is designed for professionals that wish to learn what it takes to make business decisions on a global scale in the areas of finance, marketing, supply chain, and more.
The certificate is a valuable standalone credential, but also meant to be a helpful stepping stone. If you later choose to apply for a D’Amore-McKim master’s program, your graduate certificate can give you a head start.
A Graduate Certificate in International Business is a fast, cost-effective way to gain business skills, bolster your résumé, and try out D’Amore-McKim—without the financial or time commitment of enrolling in a full master’s program.
||The Graduate Certificate in International Business may be taken on either a full- or part-time format.
- The Graduate Certificate in International Business is an opportunity to study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked top 40 U.S. research university.
- Certificate programs are designed for busy professionals. Courses are offered on our Boston campus on weekday evenings Monday through Thursday and during the day on Saturdays. As a Boston campus based student, you may also complete one course online.
- Upon successful completion of a graduate certificate program, you may have the option to apply your credits to eligible MBA or master's programs at Northeastern University.
- International students who successfully complete a one-year, 15-credit graduate certificate program on campus may be eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. OPT authorization allows for 12 months of work eligibility in the U.S.
||This certificate program typically enrolls approximately 20 students per term.
||3 entry terms each year: January, May, and September
||On-campus courses are primarily offered Monday–Thursday during the evening. Some courses are also available on Saturdays. Certificate students may take one course online. International students must complete all of their classes on campus.
|Time to Complete
||The Graduate Certificate in International Business may be completed over the course of just two semesters, or spread out over as long as three years. The length of the program will depend on your course selections.
||Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration.
|Where do I Apply?
||International applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate English language proficiency. To do so, you may elect to either submit scores from an approved language proficiency test:
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE academic
- or complete an intake interview. Please see admissions criteria for additional information.