||Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (GCBA)
||The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is designed for working professionals who are looking to develop their skills and advance their careers.
The certificate is a valuable standalone credential, but also meant to be a helpful stepping stone. If you later choose to apply for a D’Amore-McKim master’s program, your graduate certificate can give you a head start. If you successfully complete the Part-Time MBA Path and meet certain requirements you may be eligible to waive the GMAT when applying to an eligible MBA program at D’Amore-McKim.
A Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is a fast, cost-effective way to gain business skills, bolster your résumé, and try out D’Amore-McKim—without the financial or time commitment of enrolling in a full master’s program.
||The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is available in several formats: the Part-Time MBA Path, Build Your Own Curriculum, 8-month International Cohort, and an Accelerated 4-Month Curriculum. These options vary in course requirements and length. When you complete the program through any of these formats, you will earn a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
- The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is an opportunity to study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked top 40 U.S. research university.
- Certificate programs are designed for busy professionals. Courses are offered on weekday evenings Monday through Thursday and during the day on Saturdays. You may also complete up to one course online.
- Upon successful completion of a graduate certificate program, you may have the option to apply your credits to eligible MBA or master's programs at Northeastern University.
- Students who successfully complete the Part-Time MBA Path curriculum for their Graduate Certificate in Business Administration may be eligible to waive the GMAT requirement if they meet certain requirements and apply to an eligible MBA program at D’Amore-McKim.
- International students who successfully complete a one-year, 15-credit graduate certificate program on campus may be eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. OPT authorization allows for 12 months of work eligibility in the U.S.
||This certificate program typically enrolls approximately 30 students per term.
||In the Summer 2017 enrollment group, 47% female and 53% male.
||In the Summer 2017 enrollment group, 57% of students were born outside of the U.S.
||3 entry terms each year: January, May, and September
||Boston, MA and online
||On-campus courses are primarily offered Monday–Thursday during the evening. Some courses are also available on Saturdays on the Boston campus. Certificate students may complete up to one course online.
||The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration has several curricular formats. The formats vary in content and length, but all graduates receive the same Graduate Certificate in Business Administration upon successful completion.
The Part-Time MBA Path consists of six foundational classes from our Part-Time MBA. Students who successfully complete the Part-Time MBA path to a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration may be eligible to waive the GMAT requirement for eligible master’s program at D’Amore-McKim.
The Build Your Own Curriculum allows for maximum control over course selection and pacing. Students may select any 15 credits from our MBA course catalog and complete their certificate over the course of 8 months–3 years, depending on course selection and pacing.
International students looking for a longer, more structured program may opt for the for our International Student Cohort. Completed over the course of 8 months, this program follows a set curriculum and allows international students to learn alongside a consistent group of international peers.
Students looking for a condensed, immersive experience may select the Accelerated 4-Month Curriculum option. This format allows students to select any 12 credits from our MBA course catalogue and achieve a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration in just one semester. This option is available to both domestic and international students.
|Time to Complete
||The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration may be completed over the course of just one semester, or spread out over as long as three years. The length of the program will depend on the student’s chosen format and course selections. See “Program Structure” above for a summary of the different format options available.
|Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration.
|Where do I Apply?
||Apply for a Boston, MA campus program using this application.
Apply for an online program using this application.
||International applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate English language proficiency. To do so, you may elect to either submit scores from an approved language proficiency test:
- TOEFL or IELTS
- or complete an intake interview. Please see admissions criteria for additional information.