"I have learned about innovative marketing techniques to expand business globally not only in developed countries but also in emerging markets, where there are many opportunities."
Q:What are you studying at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business and when do you plan to graduate?
A:I am doing a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
Q:What skills are you building at D’Amore-McKim that you will use in your future career?
A:I have learned:
- About innovative marketing techniques to expand business globally not only in developed countries but also in emerging markets, where there are many opportunities.
- How effectively you can use human resources to reach organizational goals as well as personal career goals.
- Leadership skills while working on different projects and with diverse talented people from all around the world.
- How to take my career to next level, this certificate has provided me an opportunity for 12 months OPT in the USA. I can also transfer these credits to Part time MBA, or other eligible masters courses of my choice any time with in next 5 years to gain even more knowledge.
Q:Why did you choose D’Amore-McKim?
A:I chose D’Amore-McKim because:
- This school is well renowned and I heard of it from my ex-boss, my friends in the USA and China before enrolling.
- The school has allowed me to study in the USA for 8 short months. Fees are also affordable as compared to Indian economy.
- After being interviewed by International recruiter Jelena Pejic, I found a variety of courses to choose from within my area of Interest. And she guided me at every point to from paying fees to finding housing close to the university.
- This program provides the opportunity to apply for practical work experience and knowledge to grow your skills.
Q:What would you say to a prospective student considering D’Amore-McKim for their business degree?
A:I would like to encourage students to go for this program and explore the variety of learning and career opportunities it affords. This course will also open a door for other stem and non-stem courses with Co-op option to take practical training in your area of interest like Business, Supply chain, Marketing, Finance and HR.
Q:Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
A:I would like to see my-self as an HR professional in top 10 IT firm within 5 years. My first step towards my goal is to increase my knowledge of the global economy. My second step is to get practical training in the USA to apply my learning in real world. Technology sector is booming and thus t he need to build a technology advanced staff, hence I would like to be in HR to attract the best talent to my organization.
Post 10 years of experience I will open my own consultancy firm in my home country.
Q:How has D’Amore-McKim helped you?
A:D’Amore-Mckim has provided me a platform to learn and explore my skills globally. It has helped me to develop innovative thinking to run a business. It has also provided a prospective that there are many opportunities in developing countries which are easy to do business with less investment. Snell Library and the campus is full of opportunities to learn something new every day along with different festivals and theme parties.
More Student Voices
"I couldn’t be happier or more grateful to each member of the university and each professor." — Racha Ladhari, GCBA '17
View all profiles